Thursday, May 17, 2012

Echoes and Shadows

After months of indecision and design paralysis (sound familiar?), I finally cut into my precious Echo stash.


This started out as a mini, but then my husband said I should keep going and make a larger quilt. He's such an enabler! I certainly don't need another WIP, but what can I say? I just can't resist!


I've cut 25 squares, but at 4.5 inches each, I'll need many, many more. (Not to mention hundreds of strips of the solids...)

Now I'll have to figure out what to do with the Echo prints I'm not using. Luckily, there are plenty of wonderful Echo quilts on Flickr to inspire me.

I'm linking this post to the My Precious Quilt-Along at Kelby Sews.

QAL

I love the idea behind this quilt-along. We all need a little motivation to cut into that special fabric we've been saving!

3 comments:

  1. I think the shadow box design is brilliant. I really like what you've shown so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you for diving in! I love this line but never bought any. I like the design. It looks like drop shadows. www.paperstarfish.prettyposies.com

    ReplyDelete